Hey all you beautiful people! I’m back. It’s been a while, hasn’t it? I hope you all like the new look and feel of the blog. I’ve been working on transferring everything from Squarespace over to WordPress, which now supports this blog! Special thanks to my friend Nikhil for helping me transition everything over and handling all the weird tech-y stuff 🙂
So how is it already fall? Summer was literally robbed from under my nose. I mean, I still remember the blog post I did about the raspberry- ricotta cake welcoming summer. And now I’m…welcoming fall? I guess I am, with these amazingly easy pumpkin spice chocolate chip muffins (high-five if you’ve already gotten a pumpkin spice latte or two and are getting ready to wear boots and sweaters #basic).
I actually get really nostalgic whenever I think of these muffins. They take me back to this one fall evening in my home in Sunnyvale when I was hanging out with my sister and we decided to spend the evening making these. It was a little cold outside and we had yet another episode of Gilmore Girls running in the background. My sister does not cook, which is why I remember this so well. She actually came into the kitchen and helped me stir the batter and scooped it into the muffin tin pan. So these just take me back to that evening 🙂 They are so yummy and you can go so many different routes with them- add nuts, remove the chocolate chips, even add dried fruit or top them off with some cream cheese frosting if you’re feeling especially fancy. When I made them the first time, I added all the spices separately (ground cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg), but this time I’m using the pumpkin pie spice blend from Trader Joe’s! So much easier and it also has ginger, lemon peel, and cardamom. These muffins are literally the most perfect way to welcome fall because the warm flavors of all the spices and pumpkin taste wonderful and your house will smell delicious!
- ¾th cups packed dark brown sugar
- ¼th cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 can of canned pumpkin
- ¼th cup water
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾th teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare your muffin pan by either spraying the muffin cups with a non-stick spray or line with liners.
- Mix all the wet ingredients (eggs, water, oil, and pumpkin) plus sugar in a bowl with a handheld mixer until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients in two batches, stirring everything to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir again to distribute them throughout the batter.
- In the prepared muffin pan, fill the muffin cups with batter, just ¾th of the way.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until done, depending on the strength of your oven. I took these out when there were still 3 minutes left to go till the 20 minute mark.